Building Estimation & Costing - QTO
Duration : 120hrs
Software used : Autodesk Quantity Take-Off
Objectives:Quantity take-off’s (QTO) are a detailed measurement of materials and labor needed to complete a construction project. They are developed by an estimator during the preconstruction phase. These measurements are used to format a bid on the scope of construction. Estimators review drawings and specifications to find these quantities. Experienced estimators have developed procedures to help them quantify their work. Many programs have been developed to aid in the efficacy of these processes.
QTO is the most tedious and time-consuming part of the lump-sum estimating process. An extensive search is made for the measurements needed to calculate the various quantities that will be used for pricing in a later phase of the estimating process.
Expected Learning Outcome:After completing this course, the professionals will be able to
• Influence a project's design based upon cost, constructability, and sequencing of processes
• Use cutting-edge technologies in the preconstruction process.
• perform accurate quantity takeoffs using construction drawings and specifications
• Analyze subcontractor bids and understand the scopes of work.
• Estimate from building information model.
• Efficiently handling lists & bills using Autodesk software